Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Foreign workers who are currently residing and working in Canada and/or international students graduated in Canada can often make the successful transition to permanent residence through Canadian Experience Class program. The CEC offers students with Canadian work experience, the fastest and simplest path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program of study at a Canadian educational institution, international graduates are able to remain in the country and work on post-graduate work permits. Once a graduate obtains at least one year of Canadian work experience in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

To be eligible to apply, you must:

  • Have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada.
  • Apply within 3 years of obtaining your skilled work experience.
  • Have had legal status while working, or studying, in Canada.
  • Meet minimum language levels in English or French; and.
  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

You can find a detailed list of eligibility requirements on the IRCC website (

CEC is managed under the Express Entry system and uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank interested candidates. Applicants who have competitive CRS scores will receive invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

If you are eligible to apply under the CEC category, you may submit your profile to Express Entry. Not sure where/how to start, let us help you with all your questions.

We can certainly help you through the process from beginning to the end without the related stress involved. Do not wait, contact us today to find out how we can help to bring success in your journey to Canadian Immigration.